One of my favourite designers, Anniken Allis, has written a new pattern to sell for a charity she's continually raising money for called Shelterbox. She asked on her blog for test knitters, and I thought it would be a good chance to try it for myself. I volunteered, and did so in a timely enough manner that I am now an official test knitter for this new pattern. It's essentially a long scarf that will be sewn together (or can be joined with a three needle bind off at the end instead) to form a type of cowl. So that will be my top priority for the next few weeks.
I'm also working on my first pair of socks. I've got past the heel turn, but am stuck on where to pick up stitches for the gusset. Luckily, I had the foresight to get a book on making socks that looks like it will help. All I need to do is get my brain in gear so I can figure it out.
I also finished a cape that I made in chunky red, and took two more balls than I thought it would. A long time in the finishing, because I had to get more yarn each time, which took time.