Sunday, 17 January 2010

Concerto: The Next Step

I've finished Part 2 of Concerto! The new needles are excellent, and helped me finish it off in no time flat. Tomorrow I start part 3, provided I can get my printer to print off the charts and row-by-row instructions. I'm still not fully comfortable with charts, although I'm doing my best to get used to them by checking my progress on them. If you look carefully in this picture, you can see the black thread that I'm using as a lifeline stretching across the borderland between Parts 1 and 2. A picture of it complete to date is below.

After two posts of no pictures, I'm going to be putting a lot in this one. I realised that I haven't actually posted a picture of the complete armwarmer I finished last week. While I'm still working on the second one, I figure that since I've actually started wearing the first, I might as well put it up to share with the world. The other one will look (hopefully) identical, since it doesn't have fingers and therefore doesn't need to be picky about which side the thumb gusset goes on. The only problem I face is the fact that it's fingering thread on small needles and ended up being 19" long, so it's a ton of knitting. Most of it is simple garter stitch with decreases, but it's still going to take awhile to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment